- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The kayaking is great at the beach and along the nearby Río Coto Colorado, lined with mangroves.
Cabinas Los Cocos. Cabinas Los Cocos has a popular tour ($50 per person, minimum two passengers) that takes you for a 1½-hour motorboat ride up the Coto Colorado River, then a magical two-hour kayak tour along a jungly mangrove channel and a relaxing paddle, moving downstream with the current, back to the river mouth. Captain Susan can identify the birds you'll see along the way. The company also rents user-friendly sit-on-top kayaks with backrests for $5 per hour. Beach road, north of Cabinas Sol y Mar, Playa Zancudo, 60704. 2776–0012.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's