- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The open ocean holds plenty of sailfish, marlin, and roosterfish during the dry months, as well as mahimahi, tuna, and wahoo during the rainy season; there's excellent bottom fishing any time of year. Captains are in constant radio contact with one another and tend to share fish finds.
Banana Bay Marina. Banana Bay Marina has a fleet of five charter fishing boats, fitted with tournament-quality tackle and skippered by English-speaking, world-record-holding captains. A day's fishing for up to four averages $1,400. You can also charter a boat for overnight trips to Drake Bay. Golfito. 2775–0255 or 2775–0003. www.bananabaymarinagolfito.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's