- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The road west over the mountains and down to Dominical is scenic at its best and fog-shrouded and potholed at its worst. It has recently been repaved, but there are lots of curves and dicey landslide areas, and potholes pop up unexpectedly, so take your time and enjoy the scenery along the hour-long drive from San Isidro. From Quepos, the last section of the Costanera has finally been paved and it's now an easy half-hour drive to Dominical. Buses from San Isidro leave four times a day, two times daily from Quepos. If you want to avoid driving altogether, Easy Ride has air-conditioned minibuses with room for six to eight passengers that make two trips to and from San José daily ($45).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's