- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Angling options range from expensive sportfishing charters to a trip in a small boat to catch red snapper and snook for supper. The five most common fish species here, in the order in which you are likely to catch them, are sailfish, dorado, yellowfin tuna, wahoo, and marlin.
Captain Isidro. Go fishing for wahoo and roosterfish the Tico way in a panga, a locally made, roofed-over boat. Casual fishers can try their luck inshore for $60 an hour; more serious fishers can try for tuna and dorado around Caño Island, for $570 for the day or $360 for half a day. Dominical. 2787–0341.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's