- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sleepy fishing village-turned-surfer town, Dominical is changing again as luxury villas pop up all over the hillsides above the beaches, bringing new wealth that is boosting the local economy. It's still a major surfing destination, attracting surfers of all ages, with a lively restaurant and nightlife scene. Bars and restaurants come and go with the waves of itinerant foreigners, so don't hesitate to try something new. Dominical's real magic lies beyond the somewhat scruffy town, in the surrounding terrestrial and marine wonders: the rain forest grows right up to the beach in some places, and the ocean offers world-class surfing.
Dominical at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's