- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Central Highlands
Famous for spectacular mountain vistas, high-altitude coffee farms, cloud-forest eco-lodges, and challenging mountain hikes, the Central Highlands of Cerro de la Muerte are less than an hour south of San José, climbing up the Pan-American Highway.
The Central Highlands at a Glance
Elsewhere in South Pacific Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's