- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Cabañas y Senderos Las Cataratas
At a Glance
- excellent fresh trout
- authentic Tico culture
- very simple accommodations
- call ahead on weekdays to make sure someone is there
Check Rates from our Partners
Cabañas y Senderos Las Cataratas Review
One of the best deals—and fresh-trout meals—in the valley is at this family-run restaurant and bed-and-breakfast, set beside a scenic trout pond. Four simple, rustic cabins, one with a wood-burning fireplace, have homey furnishings, but they are cheap and comfortable at $50 for a double. There are some short, steep forest trails to explore, including one to a waterfall. At the restaurant you can dine on fresh trout—pulled directly out of the adjoining pond when you place your order—with salad, vegetables, dessert, and juice for about $10. You can also choose to have all your meals cooked for you at the hotel. If you haven't got the time or the courage to face the steep road all the way down to San Gerardo, this is a good compromise, only 3 km (2 miles) in from the highway.
- Address: 3 km (2 miles) from main highway, along road to San Gerardo de Dota, San Gerardo de Dota, 11702
- Phone: 2740–1064; 2740–1065
- Location: San Gerardo de Dota
- 4 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast, all meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more