- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
San Clemente Bar & Grill
San Clemente Bar & Grill Review
A perennially popular surfer hangout, this casual, breezy place has the advantage of being right across from Dominical Beach, which you can spy through a fringe of palm trees. Surf videos play on big screens, and there's free Wi-Fi. A recent renovation doubled the size of the dining room, where you can enjoy fresh-baked baguette sandwiches stuffed with interesting combinations. The grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, and mozzarella sandwich is the most popular. Light eaters can opt for half a sandwich. Fresh-fish specials, notably the popular fish tacos, and typical Mexican fare round out the casual menu. Desserts are decadent, along with excellent margaritas and flavored daiquiris, downed at the U-shape bar. There's a stage for live bands and a DJ, usually Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday nights.
- Address: Main street, Dominical, 11909
- Phone: 2787-0055
- Location: Dominical
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
Just a heads up for any who may have booked TACA via LA or NY.
http://www.ticotimes.net/More-news/News-Briefs/Avianca-Taca-drops-five-nonstop-flights-to-Costa-Rica-lays-off-261-employees_Saturday-May-18-2013 Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more