South Pacific Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to the South Pacific Coast
Bird-watching: Yields such beauties as scarlet macaws and the resplendent quetzal.
Enormous Corcovado National Park: The last refuge of such endangered species as jaguars and tapirs.
Kayaking: Head to the Golfo Dulce or along the jungly channels of the Sierpe or Colorado rivers.
Mountain hikes: Hikes that range from easy daytime treks around luxurious lodges to Costa Rica's toughest: 3,810-meter (12,500-foot) Cerro Chirripó.
Wild places to stay: Relax in the country's top eco-lodges, rustic thatch-roof beach bungalows, and cozy mountain cabins.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's