- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
San José's bus stations are all in sketchy neighborhoods. Always take a taxi to and from them. Better: Use air-conditioned minivan shuttles instead of buses to travel into and out of the capital.
City buses are cheap (30¢–50¢) and easy to use. For Paseo Colón and La Sabana, take buses marked "Sabana–Cementerio" from stops at Avenida 2 between Calles 5 and 7 or Avenida 3 next to the post office. For Los Yoses and San Pedro, take the "San Pedro" bus from Avenida Central between Calles 9 and 11.
Gran Terminal del Caribe (C. Ctl. and Avda. 13, Barrio Tournon, San Jose, 10102.)
Terminal Atlantico Norte (C. 9 and Avda. 12, Barrio La Merced, San Jose, 10102.)
Terminal Coca-Cola (Av. 1 and C. 16, Barrio La Merced, San Jose, 10102.)
Terminal San Ramon (C. 16 and Avda. 2, Barrio La Merced, San Jose, 10102.)
Terminal Tracopa (C. 5 and Avda. 20, Barrio El Pacifico, San Jose, 10104.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's