- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A common haunt for politicos, Jürgen's attracts San José's elites. Decorated in gold and terra cotta with leather and wood accents, the contemporary dining room feels more like a lounge than a fine restaurant. In fact, the classy bar, with a large selection of fine wines and good cigars, is a prominent feature. The inventive menu, with such delicacies as medallions of roast duck and tuna fillet encrusted with sesame seeds, sets this place apart from the city's more traditional venues.
- Address: Blvd. Barrio Dent, 250 m north of the Subaru dealership Barrio Dent, San José, 11501
- Phone: 2283–2239
- Location: North and East of Downtown
- Closed Sun. No lunch Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Diving amongst a vast school of hammerhead sharks in the Cocos Island of Costa Rica is accessible to experienced scuba divers or to the general traveller aboard a dive submersible. Read more
Pat Hewitt of Costa Rica Travel Exchange planned our great trip to Costa Rica. Read more
We will be in Costa Rica for 2 weeks between the end of January and the beginning of February.
We tried to plan a bit the itinerary and we came to this:
1: First night in San Jose, we will arrive Read more
· News & Features
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Costa Rica's main draws are firmly rooted in its landscapes—rainforests, beaches, mountains, and... Read more