- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Café de la Posada
Café de la Posada Review
The lack of alfresco dining in this tropical city is disappointing, but this café's covered terrace with tables fronting the pedestrian-only Calle 17 is a pleasant exception. The owners come from Argentina, and they know how to make a great cappuccino. Salads, quiches, and empanadas are specialties. The best bargains are the four rotating platos del día (daily specials), with entrée, salad, and dessert for $9. If you opt for dinner, make it an early one: the place closes at 6 on weeknights.
- Address: C. 17, Avdas. 2–4, Barrio La Soledad, San José, 10104
- Phone: 2258–1027
- Location: Downtown
- Closed weekends.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo,... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more