Correos de Costa Rica (Central Post Office)
Correos de Costa Rica (Central Post Office) Review
The handsome, carved exterior of the post office, dating from 1917, is hard to miss among the bland buildings surrounding it. The lobby and the small pedestrian plaza in front are a perpetual beehive of activity.
Museo Filatélico. Collectors should stop at the second-floor museum for its display of historic stamps. Early-20th-century telegraphs and telephones are also on display. Admission is the purchase (downstairs at one of the post-office windows) of a prepaid postcard sufficient for mailing to North America. Correos de Costa Rica, C. 2, Avdas. 1–3, 2nd fl., 10101. 2223–9766. Weekdays 7:30–6, Sat. 8–noon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's