Nightlife & the Arts in San José
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
San José Nightlife
The metro area's hottest nightlife has migrated to the Central Valley suburbs of Escazú and Heredia these days. Both are about 20-minute taxi rides from downtown San José. The capital isn't devoid of places to go in the evening, however. There's still plenty of bars, dance places, and restaurants and cafés where you can spend the evening. Take taxis to and from when you go; it's the safest option if you're out after dark. Most places will be happy to call you a cab—or, if there's a guard, he can hail you one—when it's time to call it a night.
Browse San José Nightlife
Browse San José Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's