- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Windsurfing and Kitesurfing
Tico Wind. Wind- and kitesurfing equipment is available for rent during the December-to-April season. The company offers three-hour kitsurfing lessons starting at $200, and a multiday course for $530. A one-hour windsurfing lesson costs $50. 30 km/18 mi west of Nuevo Arenal, Tilarán, 50801. 2692–2002. www.ticowind.com.
Tilawa Windsurf Center. The area's only outfitter open year-round also offers the best selection of wind- and kitesurfing equipment for rent or purchase. Half-day beginner's lessons start at $100. Hotel Tilawa, 8 km/5 mi north of Tilarán, Tilarán, 50801. 2695–5050. www.windsurfcostarica.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe