- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Volcano Brewing Company Hotel
At a Glance
- many activities
- stupendous lake views
- great beers
- isolated location
- rooms have somewhat of a hostel-feel
- frequent high winds can lead to sleepless nights
Check Rates from our Partners
Volcano Brewing Company Hotel Review
This all-inclusive property overlooking Lake Arenal has large rooms with natural wood ceilings and some nice perks that include its own on-site microbrewery, offering a welcome change from the country's ubiquitous Imperial. Other amenities are a swimming pool, tennis courts, and skate park. The open-air patio restaurant dishes up steaks and seafood, serving guests on an "all you can eat, all you can drink" basis included in the price. This place was formerly known as Hotel Tilawa and later renamed Lakeview Hotel, and many still refer to it by either name.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
I plan to visit CR in June
I am thinking of renting a car from San Jose Airport
1) Is driving around the country easy?
2) How accurate are the GPS
3) How is the roads?
4) Do they have proper signs Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more