- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Hotel Chalet Tirol
At a Glance
- cozy surroundings
- most rooms have a fireplace
- good restaurant
- need a car to stay here
- no in-room phones
- patchy Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Chalet Tirol Review
The replica of a cobbled Tirolean town square, complete with fountain and church, may be a bit much, but the cozy, bright, two-story wooden chalets are charming and the Austrian design doesn't seem out of place amid the pines, pastures, and cool air of Volcán Barva's upper slopes. The restaurant, with its ivy, wooden ceiling, and elegant murals, serves excellent French cuisine and is a popular weekend destination for Costa Ricans.
- Address: Main road, 10 km (6 miles) north of San Rafael de Heredia, Braulio Carrillo National Park, 40504
- Phone: 2267–6222; 800/720–1167 in North America
- Website: www.hotelchaleteltirol.com
- Location: Braulio Carrillo National Park
- 13 suites, 10 chalets.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
We are flying into Liberia in mid April and we have 9 full days in Costa Rica with an 8 year old and a 3 year old. Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more