Tree House Review
The name describes the place: this two-story restaurant on Santa Elena's main street is built around a 80-year-old fig tree, and the branches shelter tables from the afternoon mist. The menu mixes pastas and seafood with Costa Rican cuisine; for a taste of everything, try the típico platter. Repeat guests generally order the tilapia with mushroom sauce or the fajitas. The service can be "leisurely" or "slow," depending on your perspective.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's