- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Tabacón Grand Spa Thermal Resort
At a Glance
- luxurious hot springs
- great volcano views
- good restaurant
- crowded with tour groups
- breakfast costs $30
- music sometimes too loud
- two-night minimum stay required
Check Rates from our Partners
Tabacón Grand Spa Thermal Resort Review
At one of Central America's most famous and compelling resorts, hot springs, a lovely spa, landscaped gardens, and attractive, tile-floored rooms (suites are some of the country's finest lodgings) customarily draw visitors inland from the ocean with no regrets. All rooms have a terrace or patio and big bathrooms. Some have volcano views; others overlook the manicured gardens. The hotel's intimacy is compromised by its scale and its popularity with day-trippers—a reservations system for day passes has improved that situation greatly—but it has some private areas for overnight guests only, including a dining room and pool.
- Address: 13 km (8 miles) northwest of La Fortuna on hwy. toward Nuevo Arenal, La Fortuna, 21007 | Map It
- Phone: 2479–2000; 2519–1999 in San José; 877/277–8291 in North America
- Website: www.tabacon.com
- Location: La Fortuna
- 74 rooms, 28 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We returned a couple of weeks ago from a wonderful family trip to Costa Rica and Panama. Read more
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
I am a 25 year old female hoping to travel this coming August....I am from Canada and am desperate to go to a country that will be hot with nice beaches, but also interesting culturally!
Any advice much Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more