All the cooking here is done with wood, which adds to the rustic ambience of terra-cotta floors, bare wooden beams, and sylvan surroundings. The house specialty, lomito Jaulares (Jaulares tenderloin), is a strip of grilled meat served with gallo pinto (rice and beans) and a mild salsa criollo (creole sauce); other grilled meats and several fish dishes are also available. Jaulares stays open until midnight on Saturdays for live music.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's