- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hacienda Pozo Azul. The canopy tour ($50) at this horse ranch and dairy farm has 12 zip lines, ranging in height from 18 to 27 meters (60 to 90 feet). Hacienda also has riding excursions for all experience levels through the region around La Virgen. A two-hour tour is $42, a half day is $50. Check out the multiday tours, too, if you're an experienced rider. Half-day, full-day, and two-day rough-and-tumble back-roads bike tours ($45–$75) are also available, as is a guided 27-meter (90-foot) river canyon descent ($38). La Virgen de Sarapiquí, 17 km/11 mi southwest of Puerto Viejo, Puerto Viejo de Sarapiquí, 41002. 2438–2616. www.pozoazul.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Canopy Tour
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's