- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hanging Bridges and Trams
Monteverde Park. Here's a tram/zip-line/hanging-bridges entertainment complex all in one. A tram takes you on a mile-long gondola ride through the rain-forest canopy. You can descend via the tram, or along a series of five hanging bridges, at heights of up to 41 meters (138 feet), connected from tree to tree. Your third descent option is 3 km/2 mi of zip lines through the cloud-forest canopy. Imposing towers, used as support, mar the landscape somewhat. A hummingbird garden rounds out the offerings. Office across from Banco Nacional, Santa Elena, 60109. 2645–5238 or 2479–4100. www.skyadventures.travel. $83 all offerings, $66 tram and zip lines, tram and bridges $55, tram only $42, bridges only $33. Daily 7–4.
Natural Wonders Tram. A two-person carriage on an elevated track takes you an hour-long ride through the rain-forest canopy. You control the speed of your carriage. Alternatively, a 1½-km (1-mi) walk gives you a ground-level perspective. The site opens for night visits with advance reservations. Off main road between Santa Elena and Monteverde, on turnoff to Jardín de Mariposas, Monteverde, 60109. 2645–5960. www.naturalwonderstram.com. $25; $30 night tour. Daily 8–5.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's