- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Ecoglide Arenal Park. Here's a variation on the standard canopy tour: on the so-called Tarzan swing, you swing between two of the zip-line platforms, but far more securely than Johnny Weismuller ever did on his vine in the old Tarzan movies. There's also standard zip lines. As with all zip-line tours in Costa Rica, reservations should be made in advance, but you don't have to adhere to fixed tour starting times. You decide when you'd like to begin. 3 km (2 miles) west of La Fortuna, La Fortuna, 21007. 2479-7120. www.arenalecoglide.com. $55. Daily 7-4.
Arenal Volcano Park. This canopy tour-bridge walk-tram complex near La Fortuna is operated by the Sky Trek-Sky Walk folks in Monteverde. Alpine-style gondolas transport you to the site, from which you can descend via 3 km/2 mi of zip lines, hike through the cloud forest along a series of suspended bridges, or go back the way you came, on the tram. Butterfly and orchid gardens round out the offerings. 12 km/7 mi west of La Fortuna, El Castillo, La Fortuna, 21007. 2479-9944; 2479-4100 Sky Adventures. www.skyadventures.travel. $89 all offerings, $73 tram and zip lines, $61 tram and walk, $42 tram only, $33 walk only, shuttle $10. Daily 7-4.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations