- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Ecoglide Arenal Park. Here's a variation on the standard canopy tour: on the so-called Tarzan swing, you swing between two of the zip-line platforms, but far more securely than Johnny Weismuller ever did on his vine in the old Tarzan movies. There's also standard zip lines. As with all zip-line tours in Costa Rica, reservations should be made in advance, but you don't have to adhere to fixed tour starting times. You decide when you'd like to begin. 3 km (2 miles) west of La Fortuna, La Fortuna, 21007. 2479–7120. www.arenalecoglide.com. $55. Daily 7–4.
Arenal Volcano Park. This canopy tour–bridge walk–tram complex near La Fortuna is operated by the Sky Trek–Sky Walk folks in Monteverde. Alpine-style gondolas transport you to the site, from which you can descend via 3 km/2 mi of zip lines, hike through the cloud forest along a series of suspended bridges, or go back the way you came, on the tram. Butterfly and orchid gardens round out the offerings. 12 km/7 mi west of La Fortuna, El Castillo, La Fortuna, 21007. 2479–9944; 2479–4100 Sky Adventures. www.skyadventures.travel. $89 all offerings, $73 tram and zip lines, $61 tram and walk, $42 tram only, $33 walk only, shuttle $10. Daily 7–4.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's