- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A 79-meter-tall (265-foot-tall) bridge that spans a forested gorge over the Río Colorado is the perfect place to get a rush of adrenaline in a tranquil, tropical setting. Even if you aren't up for the plunge, it's worth stopping to watch a few mad souls do it.
Tropical Bungee. The first jump is $75 and the second is $45. Transportation is free if you jump; $10 if you don't. Reservations are essential. If this is your last hurrah in Costa Rica, a van can take you and your bags straight to the San José airport after your jump. Pan-American Hwy., 2 km/1 mi west of turnoff for Grecia, down a dirt road on the right, Grecia, 20601. 2248–2212 in San José; 8980–5757 cell. www.bungee.co.cr. Daily 8–11:30 and 1–4.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's