- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Both Nature Air and SANSA fly to Tamarindo from San José. By car from Liberia, travel south on the highway to the turnoff for Belén, then head west and turn left at the Huacas crossroads to Tamarindo. Stretches of the paved road from Belén are often in deplorable states of disrepair. There are no direct bus connections between Playa Grande or Playa Avellanas and Tamarindo. A taxi or a shuttle van is the way to go from nearby towns if you don't have wheels.
Tamarindo Shuttle. The Tamarindo Shuttle ferries passengers between the various beaches in a comfortable van and will also pick you up at the Liberia airport, $20 per person, minimum of two; evening flights require a minimum of three passengers. 2653-4444 or 2653-2626. www.tamarindoshuttle.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's