- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
ACOTAM. ACOTAM, a local conservation association, conducts turtle-viewing tours in Las Baulas National Marine Park with local guides for $35, including park entrance fee. The group picks you up at your hotel and briefs you at their headquarters on the estuary that separates Tamarindo and Playa Grande. An open boat then takes you across the estuary, where you wait at the park station until a turtle has been spotted. With so few leatherback turtles nesting, you are more likely to see green sea turtles instead. The turtle-nesting season runs from mid-October to mid-February. They also offer covered-boat, mangrove tours along the Tamarindo River year-round for $25 per person (minimum two). Tamarindo. 2653–1687. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's