- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Iguana Surf. Right on the beach, this popular surf shop rents surfboards ($20 per day) and boogie boards and offers group lessons four times a day ($45, for ages 3 to 88), as well as private lessons ($80). It's open 8 to 6 daily. On beach, 100 m north of El Diria Hotel, Tamarindo, 50309. 2653-0613. www.iguanasurf.net.
Witch's Rock Surf Camp. This hip, popular hotel, restaurant, and surf school is surfer central in Tamarindo, with a large surf shop and all the latest gear and board rentals. Robert August of Endless Summer fame is often on hand to give board-shaping demonstrations. It's right on the beach just steps from the best surf breaks. North end of beach, main road in Tamarindo, Tamarindo, 50309. 2653-1262; 888/318-7873 toll-free in U.S. and Canada. www.witchsrocksurfcamp.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's