- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Iguana Surf. Right on the beach, this popular surf shop rents surfboards ($20 per day) and boogie boards and offers group lessons four times a day ($45, for ages 3 to 88), as well as private lessons ($80). It's open 8 to 6 daily. On beach, 100 m north of El Diriá Hotel, Tamarindo, 50309. 2653-0613. www.iguanasurf.net.
Witch's Rock Surf Camp. This hip, popular hotel, restaurant, and surf school is surfer central in Tamarindo, with a large surf shop and all the latest gear and board rentals. Robert August of Endless Summer fame is often on hand to give board-shaping demonstrations. It's right on the beach just steps from the best surf breaks. North end of beach, main road in Tamarindo, Tamarindo, 50309. 2653-1262; 888/318-7873 toll-free in U.S. and Canada. www.witchsrocksurfcamp.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations