- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Tamarindo Sportfishing. A number of fishing charters in Tamarindo cater to saltwater anglers. The most experienced among them is Tamarindo Sportfishing, run by Randy Wilson, who has led the way in developing catch-and-release techniques that are easy on the fish. Wilson has roamed these waters since the 1970s, and he knows where the big ones lurk. His 38-foot Talking Fish is equipped with a marlin chair and a cabin with a shower, and costs $1,500 for a full day, $850 for a half. A fishing trip for up to four anglers on one of two 27-foot boats costs $825 to $975 for a full day; $550 to $675 for a half. Tamarindo. 2653–0090. www.tamarindosportfishing.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's