- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The surf is relatively gentle at Sámara, so it's a good place for beginners. The challenging waves for more-experienced surfers are farther south, at Playa Camaronal, which has both left and right breaks.
C&C Surf School. This beachfront surf school offers lessons from beginner up ($40 per 90-minute private lesson, including seven-day board rental) with certified instructors, and a huge selection of boards for rent ($4 for the first hour, $2 per hour after). The school also has its own surfer hotel in town, Tico Adventure Lodge, just a couple of blocks from the beach. on beach in center of town, Sámara. www.ticoadventurelodge.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe