Getting Here and Around in Punta Islita
Getting Here and Around
During the dry season, it's a quick trip south of Playa Carrillo in a 4WD vehicle with high-enough clearance to get across the soft-bottom river, but in the rainy season, it's often impossible to cross the Río Ora, so you have to make a longer detour along a winding, mostly paved road with spectacular mountain views. Most well-heeled guests consequently fly into the hotel's private airstrip.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's