- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fishing charter boats go out 24 to 64 km (15 to 40 miles) seeking yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, grouper, and red snapper close in, and sailfish, marlin, and roosterfish offshore (beyond 64 km/40 miles). Boats, moored here and in nearby Ocotal, can pick you up from a beach near your hotel.
TranquilaMar. With three 28-foot Cummins diesel-power boats moored in nearby Ocotal, this outfit can pick you up at any local beach. Just bring sunscreen and your hat, says the captain. Trips are $500 for a half day and $700 for a full day. With fewer sportfishing boats going out in this area, the fishing is getting better, says the owner. Playas del Coco. 2670–0833. www.tranquilamar.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's