- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fishing charter boats go out 24 to 64 km (15 to 40 miles) seeking yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, grouper, and red snapper close in, and sailfish, marlin, and roosterfish offshore (beyond 64 km/40 miles). Boats, moored here and in nearby Ocotal, can pick you up from a beach near your hotel.
TranquilaMar. With three 28-foot Cummins diesel-power boats moored in nearby Ocotal, this outfit can pick you up at any local beach. Just bring sunscreen and your hat, says the captain. Trips are $500 for a half day and $700 for a full day. With fewer sportfishing boats going out in this area, the fishing is getting better, says the owner. Playas del Coco. 2670-0833. www.tranquilamar.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Costa Rica All-Inclusive Beach Hotel, Save 55% Riu Hotels & Resorts
- $933 & up -- Costa Rica: 7 Nts. w/Hotel, Car Rental & Air LatinEscapes.com