- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Getting to this beach is an adventure in itself. It's still a very bumpy road 20 minutes from Flamingo Beach. If you have a 4WD vehicle and an excellent sense of direction, you can attempt to drive (dry season only) the 16-km (11-miles) Monkey Trail, which cuts through the mountains from Sardinal to Flamingo. But even some Ticos get lost on this route, so keep asking for directions along the way. There are no buses to Playa Pan de Azúcar; a taxi from Playa Flamingo costs about $20.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's