- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Diving and Snorkeling
The rocky outcrop at the north end of the beach near Los Almendros is good for close-to-shore snorkeling.
Ocotal Beach Resort. The dive shop at this beachfront resort is one of the few PADI Instruction Development Centers in Costa Rica, offering the highest-level diving courses and five diving boats. The shop has excellent equipment, safety standards, and instruction. A regular dive costs $85; equipment rental is $26. Dive trips to the Catalina Islands cost $130. The shop also rents snorkeling equipment for $15 per day. Or you can take a snorkeling boat tour for $50, including gear. 3 km (2 miles) south of Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal. 2670–0321. www.ocotaldiving.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Diving and Snorkeling
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's