- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Experience Nosara. Experience Nosara bilingual naturalist Felipe Lopez leads serious bird-watchers on bird-watching tours, with an early-morning expedition on foot in the Nosara Biological Reserve or a kayak paddle up river to catch sight of some of the 270 species recorded here ($60 each tour). Nosara.
River Safari. Glide up the Nosara and Montaña rivers in a flat-bottom catamaran with an almost noiseless electric motor. Wading herons, egrets, roseate spoonbills, ospreys, and kingfishers are common sights. The German-born naturalist guide also knows where crocodiles hunker down in mud caves along the riverbank. Trips are $35 per person. Boat moored at bottom of hill leading to Hotel Lagarta Lodge, follow signs to the boca of Nosara River, Nosara, 50206. 2682-0610. www.nosaraboattours.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations