- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Experience Nosara. Experience Nosara bilingual naturalist Felipe Lopez leads serious bird-watchers on bird-watching tours, with an early-morning expedition on foot in the Nosara Biological Reserve or a kayak paddle up river to catch sight of some of the 270 species recorded here ($60 each tour). Nosara.
River Safari. Glide up the Nosara and Montaña rivers in a flat-bottom catamaran with an almost noiseless electric motor. Wading herons, egrets, roseate spoonbills, ospreys, and kingfishers are common sights. The German-born naturalist guide also knows where crocodiles hunker down in mud caves along the riverbank. Trips are $35 per person. Boat moored at bottom of hill leading to Hotel Lagarta Lodge, follow signs to the boca of Nosara River, Nosara, 50206. 2682–0610. www.nosaraboattours.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe