- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The fishing at Playa Hermosa is mostly close to the shores, and yields edible fish like dorado (mahimahi), snapper, amberjack, tuna, and wahoo. Roosterfish, marlin, and sailfish are all catch-and-release. Local restaurants are happy to cook your catch for you. You can rent a boat with Aqua Sport. Charlie's Adventure runs fishing trips. Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing (2670-1564 www.papagayofishing.typepad.com) also runs various fishing tours in the area, as well as snorkeling and surfing tours and water taxis around the bay.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's