- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Diving and Snorkeling
Average water temperature of 23°C (75°F), and average visibility of 6 meters (20 feet), and frequent sightings of sea turtles, sharks, manta rays, moray eels, and very big fish make Hermosa a great place to dive. There is little coral in the area, but rock reefs attract large schools of fish, and countless critters lurk in their caves and crannies.
Charlie's Adventure. Snorkeling trips are organized by Charlie's Adventure and by Hotel el Velero. Playa Hermosa.
Diving Safaris. This is the most experienced dive operation in the area, with a full range of scuba activities, from beginner training to open-water PADI certification and dive master courses. Multitank dives are organized at more than 20 sites. Guides and trainers are very good, and their safety standards have the DAN (Divers Alert Network) seal of approval. This dive shop has also earned the coveted five-star, gold-palm status from PADI. Prices range from $90 for two-tank morning dives to $425 and up for the PADI open-water certification course. 2nd entrance road to Playa Hermosa, almost at beach on right side, Playa Hermosa, 50503. 2672–1259. www.costaricadiving.net.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Diving and Snorkeling
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's