- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The road from Tamarindo is paved for the duration of the 30-minute drive. Palm Beach Estates, where most hotels are, is about 3 km (2 miles) south of the main Playa Grande entrance on a dirt road. Alternatively, you can take a small boat across the Tamarindo Estuary for about $2 per person and walk 30 minutes along the beach to the surf break; boats travel between the guide kiosk at the north end of Tamarindo and either Villa Baulas or Hotel Bula Bula in Playa Grande.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's