- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The drive south from Flamingo is 10 minutes on a paved highway. Both town and beach are just 1 km (½ mile) north of the entrance to Paradisus Playa Conchal. To reach Playa Conchal, turn left at the end of the town square and follow the dirt road across a stretch of beach and over a steep hill; the beach stretch is impassable at high tide. Buses run from Flamingo to Conchal three times daily, at 7:30 and 11:30 am and 2:30 pm. A taxi from Flamingo is about $6.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's