- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Kingfisher. From January to April, the boats moored off the beach take anglers on fishing expeditions for catch-and-release marlin and sail fishing, as well as good-eating dorado, yellowfin tuna, and wahoo.
Captain Rick Ruhlow, a U.S. Coast Guard–licensed skipper with 21 years' experience fishing Costa Rican waters, takes up to five anglers out on Kingfisher, a fully equipped 31-foot Palm Beach fishing boat; it's the only boat that stays full-time in Carrillo from November to September. A full day's fishing offshore costs $1,200; inshore $750. Playa Carrillo. 8834–7125 or 2656–0091. www.costaricabillfishing.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe