- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
You have to drive inland from Tamarindo to Villa Real, where you turn right for the 13-km (8-miles) trip down a very bumpy road to reach Playa Avellanas. It takes about half an hour. There are rivers to cross in rainy season, when you may want to drive via Paraíso and Playa Negra.
Tamarindo Shuttle. If you're without a car, take the Tamarindo Shuttle van; call for current rates. 2653–2626.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's