- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Upstairsthe Ripjack Review
A block from the beach, this casual place usually has an ocean breeze to complement the ceiling fans, which are best enjoyed from the hammock in the corner. There are rooms for rent downstairs, but most people come to eat, or party at the long bar, which occupies about a third of the restaurant. In high season, sushi is the star of the show here, with a dedicated sushi chef. On the seafood side, you can also count on ceviche, calamari, and fish fillets spiced, Asian-style, with wasabi and ginger. Meat and potatoes are represented by flank steak served with mashed potatoes. Prices are on the high side, and service is patchy, especially in low season. The lunch menu tends to be small and overpriced, so save your appetite for brownies and ice cream. There's free Wi-Fi.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
I plan to visit CR in June
I am thinking of renting a car from San Jose Airport
1) Is driving around the country easy?
2) How accurate are the GPS
3) How is the roads?
4) Do they have proper signs Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more