Pleasing a loyal legion of local fans since 1974, Nogui's offers a hearty Costa Rican menu and an ocean view. It is one of Tamarindo's best options for lunch, with a good selection of sandwiches, huge salads, and excellent fish tacos at reasonable prices. At dinner they offer a full seafood menu and various meat dishes. The recipes and presentation are nothing fancy, but the seafood is fresh and instead of the ubiquitous rice and beans on the side, Nogui's has a puree of tiquisque, a potatolike tuber. The homemade pies are legendary, notably the coconut cream and apple pie à la mode, and they open at 6 am for breakfast. Their signature margarita is made with tamarind fruit. On the downside, the waitresses here often seem sullen and put out.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's