- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
The Harmony Hotel
At a Glance
- near beach
- excellent food
- loaner laptops and laptop-size safe boxes
- one free yoga class per guest
- not overly kid-friendly but babies welcome
- standard rooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
The Harmony Hotel Review
Surf's up, upscale, that is; this ultracool, holistic retreat gets top marks for both comfort and sustainability, earning the coveted top rating of five leaves. The American owners are surfers, but of an age where comfort, quiet, and thinking ecologically are more appealing than partying. The Cocos rooms surround a huge garden that holds a gorgeous, chlorine-free pool and sundeck—an oasis of shaded tranquility. Enclosed back decks with hammocks and privacy walls expand what are otherwise standard-size rooms. The larger duplex bungalows in back offer even more privacy with large decks enclosed with teak walls and spacious bathrooms. But every room and one-bedroom bungalow is luxuriously outfitted, with soothing sage-and-cream-color walls, king-size beds dressed in white linen, and natural and polished wood trim and furniture. The best surf breaks are just 180 meters (600 feet) away, down a shaded path. There's an organic garden and guests can take a free sustainability tour and plant a donated tree. The retro '60s lounge bar adds to the sophisticated ambience, along with the adjacent sushi bar and restaurant ($$–$$$), serving trendy seafood and wholesome desserts. For the health-conscious traveler there's a tranquil "healing center" complete with spa, yoga classes, and a juice bar. But chic and green do not come cheap—this place is markedly more expensive than its neighbors.
- Address: From Café de Paris, take road almost all the way to Playa Guiones, look for sign leading to tree-shaded parking lot on right., Nosara, 50206 | Map It
- Phone: 2682–4114; 2682–1073
- Website: www.harmonynosara.com
- Location: Playa Nosara
- 10 rooms, 13 one-bedroom bungalows, 1 two-bedroom suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Can anyone reccomend a good rafting outfit to use for the Pacuare River? Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more