- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Mi Casa Hostel El Manglar
At a Glance
- near beach
- foam mattresses
- no restaurant (but breakfast included)
- long walk from surf break
- some rooms without a/c
Check Rates from our Partners
Mi Casa Hostel El Manglar Review
If you like cooking for yourself, consider the villas at this pleasant hotel-cum-hostel. Sitting rooms, kitchens, and terraces give you lots of room to relax; bedrooms are modern and minimalist, with king-size beds. The cheaper upstairs guest rooms are much more basic, with minimalist decor and loft bedrooms with fans instead of air-conditioners. There's also a two-bedroom family or group apartment and super-cheap accommodation in two six-bed dorm rooms. The hotel has a pretty garden and a pool with a swim-up bar, which is a social center for the generally young European crowd that gravitates here. There's also a communal kitchen. It's a short walk from the beach.
- Address: Palm Beach Estates, 2 km (1 mile) south of Playa Grande, south of Hotel La Cantarana, Playa Grande
- Phone: 2653–0952
- Website: www.micasahostel.com
- Location: Playa Grande
- 2 dorms, 4 double rooms, 4 one-bedroom villas, 1 two-bedroom villa.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
In early May, my husband and I will be going from Arenal after a few days in Osa (Bosque del Cabo). Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more