- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Borinquen Mountain Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- attractive, well-equipped bungalows
- peaceful environment
- lots of outdoor activities
- far from park entrance
- Wi-Fi only in restaurant and reception areas
- restaurant a notch below accommodations
Check Rates from our Partners
Borinquen Mountain Resort & Spa Review
The spacious villas on this 4,856-hectare (12,000-acre) ranch are the most upscale—and expensive—accommodations in the area, but the room rate includes access to their hot springs and mud baths. The villas, overlooking lawns shaded by tropical trees on the volcano's windy west slope, have sloping wooden ceilings, large porches, and plenty of amenities. Elegant deluxe bungalows have king-size canopy beds. Though 90 minutes from the park entrance, the ranch holds most of the same natural attractions, including three waterfalls and patches of forest with monkeys, parrots, deer, and other wildlife. Along with volcanic mud baths and hot springs, the spa has a wooden sauna heated by steam from a fumarole. Sunset views from the large pool are usually spectacular. Activities include hiking, horseback riding, ATV trips, a canopy tour, and a trip to the park in a Land Rover followed by a hike. The rooms are separated from the restaurant and spa by steep climbs, but the staff can transport you in a golf cart.
- Address: 13 km (8 miles) northwest of Liberia on Pan-American Hwy., then 29 km (18 miles) north on the dirt road toward Cañas Dulces, Rincón de la Vieja National Park, 108-5000
- Phone: 2690–1900
- Website: www.borinquenresort.com
- Location: Rincón de la Vieja National Park
- 16 villas, 12 bungalows, 6 junior suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more