- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
At a Glance
- near beach
- rooms a bit dark
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel TaTanka Review
This modest, Italian-run hotel has tasty food and very comfortable rates. Ten big rooms are lined up under a tile-roof veranda facing a big kidney-shape pool in a garden setting, a few steps up from the rooms. The rooms, with arty bamboo closets and large tiled bathrooms, are above average; there is also a well-equipped apartment for rent, as well as one wheelchair-accessible apartment. Wood-oven pizzas and homemade pastas—the spaghetti a la carbonara is delicioso—are served in a huge alfresco restaurant with elegant furniture. The beach is a three-minute walk away.
- Address: Main Junquillal road, just south of Guacamaya Lodge, Playa Junquillal
- Phone: 2658–8426; 866/498–0824 toll-free
- Website: www.hoteltatanka.com
- Location: Playa Junquillal
- 10 rooms, 2 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed last 2 wks of Oct.; restaurant closed Mon. in low season.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more