- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- near beach
- rooms a bit dark
Hotel TaTanka Review
This modest, Italian-run hotel has tasty food and very comfortable rates. Ten big rooms are lined up under a tile-roof veranda facing a big kidney-shape pool in a garden setting, a few steps up from the rooms. The rooms, with arty bamboo closets and large tiled bathrooms, are above average; there is also a well-equipped apartment for rent, as well as one wheelchair-accessible apartment. Wood-oven pizzas and homemade pastas—the spaghetti a la carbonara is delicioso—are served in a huge alfresco restaurant with elegant furniture. The beach is a three-minute walk away.
- Address: Main Junquillal road, just south of Guacamaya Lodge, Playa Junquillal
- Phone: 2658–8426; 866/498–0824 toll-free
- Website: www.hoteltatanka.com
- Location: Playa Junquillal
- 10 rooms, 2 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed last 2 wks of Oct.; restaurant closed Mon. in low season.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Diving amongst a vast school of hammerhead sharks in the Cocos Island of Costa Rica is accessible to experienced scuba divers or to the general traveller aboard a dive submersible. Read more
Pat Hewitt of Costa Rica Travel Exchange planned our great trip to Costa Rica. Read more
I am having a difficult time deciding on an itinerary for our 8 days in costa rica. Read more
· News & Features
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism. ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Costa Rica's main draws are firmly rooted in its landscapes—rainforests, beaches, mountains, and... Read more