- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Luna Llena Hotel & Residence
At a Glance
- lush grounds
- cheerful decor
- several blocks away from beach
- small pool
- lots of kids
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Luna Llena Hotel & Residence Review
Looking a little like a cheerful Fellini film set of a fantasy tropical village, this collection of bright yellow, conical huts is fun and affordable. Set on different levels around a small pool and tropical gardens, the huts have colorful, whimsical interiors, with unusual fabrics, furniture, and walls painted by co-owner Simona Daniela, who, along with husband Pino Trimarchi, provides Italian panache to the place. The ground floor of each hut holds a kitchenette, bathroom, and queen bed. A steep, curving staircase leads to a wooden loft with two single beds—great for families. Bright double rooms on the second floor of the main building have queen-size beds, high ceilings, spacious bathrooms, and colorful, creative decor. There's a good Italian restaurant on-site, plus a Sushi Club by the pool. The hotel is a 10-minute walk from the beach, in a relatively quiet area and has a sustainability rating of three (out of five) leaves.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
I plan to visit CR in June
I am thinking of renting a car from San Jose Airport
1) Is driving around the country easy?
2) How accurate are the GPS
3) How is the roads?
4) Do they have proper signs Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more