- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Costa Rica 2014
Giardino Tropicale Review
Formerly famous for its wood-oven pizzas, the original pizza maker has moved on and opened his own place (but this restaurant still makes decent, if not spectacular, pizza, and bowls of homemade chili-pepper sauce still grace every table. Beyond pizza, this thatch-roof, multilevel restaurant casts a wide net to include daily fresh seafood and fish specials, such as ravioli stuffed with snook or tuna carpaccio. Sit on one of the upper decks and you'll dine amid the treetops. The downstairs part of the restaurant is quite sophisticated and romantic, with elegant white tablecloths. The owners are also working to make the restaurant ecologically sustainable. Service is always fast and very friendly.
- Address: Giardino Tropicale Hotel, main street, north of entrance to Playa Guiones, Nosara, 50206
- Phone: 2682–0258
- Location: Playa Nosara
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We had a fabulous first trip to Costa Rica at Christmas 2012, visiting Arenal (Lost Iguana Lodge & Villa Decary), Tortuguero (Manatus Lodge), Osa Peninsula (Drake’s Bay Aguila de Osa and south Read more
Dear Gate One Travel,
I recently returned from a trip booked with Gate One Travel with my family to Costa Rica and wanted to share our experience.
Reservation # 678910 10 Day Classic Costa Rica with Manuel Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Hyatt Hotels Corporation's growing Andaz brand unveiled its latest property, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, ... Read more
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism.... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more