- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Casona nature-trail loop. The short (about 1-km/½-mi) Casona nature-trail loop from the park headquarters is worth taking to get a brief sampling of the woods. Look for the "Indio Desnudo," or "Naked Indian," path, named after the local word for gumbo-limbo trees. Carry plenty of water and insect repellent. Santa Rosa National Park.
Several other short trails lead off the road to the beaches before it becomes impassable to vehicles. The hike to Playa Naranjo (11 km/7 miles west of La Casona) requires good physical condition and lots of water. You can get a map of the trails at the park entrance.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's