- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Borinquen Mountain Resort & Spa. Horseback tours ($80) on this lodge's 494-acre ranch pass through patches of forest and along ridges with views of nearby Rincón de la Vieja. The horseback tours can be combined with a hike to waterfalls, or a canopy tour. Rincón de la Vieja National Park.
Buena Vista Lodge & Adventure. This lodge and tour operator has horseback trips to hot springs and to Borinquen Waterfall ($45). If not everyone in your party is a horse lover, tractor transport ($35) is available to the hot springs as well. Rincón de la Vieja National Park.
Hacienda Guachipelín. This is the premier working ranch in the area, with more than 100 well-bred and well-trained horses, and miles of trails to three waterfalls, tropical dry forest, and hot springs. Horseback tours range from $25 to $40. The Hacienda also offers a cowboy-for-a-day tour ($50, kids $40) that includes harnessing your horse, rounding up cattle, and milking a cow. Hacienda Guachipelín, Rincón de la Vieja National Park.
Rincón de la Vieja Mountain Lodge. This lodge, closest to the national park, also has guides for hiking in the park, or horseback riding near the park. Rincón de la Vieja Lodge, Rincón de la Vieja National Park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's